The Commission for Interreligious Dialogue was founded in 2002 within the Union of Superiors General (USG). After the 2004 Congress held in Rome on Religious Life, the International Union of Superiors General (UISG) joined and there are now 16 members serving from the two Unions.
The Commission aims to stimulate awareness and develop understanding among Religious Congregations resident in Rome of the importance of the ministry of interreligious dialogue.
This is carried out through:
- Sessions on Church teaching on Interreligious Dialogue
- Sharing experiences of dialogue
- Sharing information on talks and events in Rome
- Visits to places of worship of other faiths
- Showing films and hosting discussions
- Posting relevant information on the website
The Commission meets twice a year at USG.
The current secretary of the Commission is: Sr Clare Jardine nds email@example.com
- Conversation with Archbishop Bernard Ntahoturi – New director, Anglican Centre, Rome (Rome Nov. 15, 2017)
- Conference on “Christianity in India under attack: Hindu fundamentalism after Mahatma Gandhi and the response of the Indian Catholic Church