When the Pontifical Institute Regina Mundi (Rome) closed in 2006, the International Union of Superiors General (UISG) looked for a new way to continue to promote the theological education of Sisters in developing countries. Therefore, in 2012 the UISG established a grant programme called Regina Mundi in Diaspora.
Criteria and Conditions for a Grant:
- An applicant must be a professed member of a Congregation that is a member of UISG and whose membership fee is paid to date.
- Grants are offered for undergraduate theological studies.
- Grants are awarded for theological studies in recognized Universities/Institutes in the applicant’s country or in a neighboring country. Studies in Rome or in another developed country are excluded.
- Grants cover only academic tuition fees.
- Grants are awarded for one year and are renewable for 3 more years based on academic results obtained in the previous year.
- Each Congregation may submit applications for two Sisters in any given year.